Membership is open to individuals, organisations, companies and institutions with interest in renewable energy. If you are interested, you can either download the application from (provide link) fill it and send to CEM Secretariat or You can request the form through the contacts provided. The Membership application form is subjected for scrutiny by the CEM Board which meets quarterly. There is an annual membership fee the quantum of which shall be determined from time to time by the General Assembly.
Below are the membership categories and benefits in accordance with CEM Statutes:
CATEGORY 1: FULL (COMMUNITY) MEMBERSHIP This is Open to Non Profit Making Organisations (Non Government Organisations, Faith Based Organisations, Community Based Organisations, Foundations and Companies Limited by Guarantee) with interests in Renewable Energy.
- • Free advice and support on technical, legal and financial aspects of setting up community energy projects (biomass, biogas, solar PV, Hydro and Wind Technologies)
- • Receive quarterly CEM Newsletter and Community Energy News and tips
- • The chance to network and share experiences with other Community members
- • Voting rights at CEM General Meetings
- • Right and ability to nominate a Director to the CEM Board
- • Access to funding pots available at or through CEM
- • Being part of a collective lobbying voice on issues important to your Renewable Energy projects
- • Profiling of your organisation on the CEM Website through linkages
CATEGORY 2: ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
This is open to academic institutions, profit making organisations, consultancies, think tanks and individualsMembership Benefits
- • Notifications when tenders are first published this includes automated notifications when tenders are published on our website
- • Increased profile of your organisation or business within the Community Energy
- • Listing of your business profile and details on CEM Website and Business Directories
- • Opportunity to sponsor/Discount on exhibition space at Community Energy Malawi conferences and events
- • Opportunity to support our Community Energy Malawi member training programmes
- • Opportunities for student attachments/internships with our members
- • Receiving the quarterly CEM Newsletter containing news from across CEM’s members networks
CATEGORY 3: HONORORY MEMBERSHIP
AT CEM’s discretion, some individuals or organisations who have contributed exceptionally towards renewable energy sector can be conferred with an honorary membership to CEM.